Wednesday, June 17, 2009

You Dropped the Balm on Me, Baby



I'd like to sing the praises of a new HG lip product I can't get enough of.

First, here's a little background on my obsesh:

In high school I would literally freak out if I didn't have some form of lip balm with me. I would get a panicky feeling if I somehow forgot it. My balm of choice back then was Carmex, but I would use nearly anything in pinch. I even had one of those crocheted hippie lip balm necklace caddies (kind of embarrassing- but I let it all hang out for ya). True Story: One time I went to Venice Beach for the day and forgot my Carmex- I used $3 of the measly $5 lunch money that I had, to buy another tub. (tourist prices, I know)

So I used Carmex for years and then we just grew apart and I flirted unashamedly with any and every lip balm (I was a balm whore!) I encountered. Then, I somehow fell hopelessly in love with Cherry Chapstick. And used it EXCLUSIVELY for nearly a decade.

In the last couple of months I've become more and more enchanted with all things 'Green'- I am a sucker for good marketing, plus I really do care about stuff. ;) SO, I'm toying with the idea of giving up beauty products with petroleum...

Enter Badger Organic Cocoa Butter Lip Balm (swoon!) First off, I can't resist anything cocoa buttery. It is just a weakness! Love the smell, texture and most of all, results, of products that have cocoa butter. Badger has several flavors of the balm, but the Creamy Cocoa is just the base without anything messing up the cocoa butter goodness. The simple ingredient list from their website:

Base Ingredients: *Extra Virgin Olive Oil, *Cocoa Butter, *Golden Yellow Beeswax, *Castor Bean Oil, Extract of *Aloe Vera, and CO2 Extracts of Rosehip, & *Seabuckthorn Berry.
* = Certified Organic

This balm is really moisturizing and the tube is huge! I am alternating it with my beloved Cherry Chapstick (that I will NEVER completely give up). Right now I use the Badger throughout the day- it is living in my handbag- and the CC at home- residing in my medicine cabinet. I think I've struck the perfect balmy-balance.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So where do you get this Badger balm?? I have an obsession with lip balm/gloss as well--my current favorite is Burt's Bees Pomegranate!

XOXO--Aramee =)

Ruby said...

I bought this balm recently at Vitamin Cottage and I love it! I'm sure you can find it at any natural grocery store like Whole Foods.

josephinemarch said...

I don't know what I like more, that catchy title (hilarious) or the balm review itself...I too have a lip stuff obsession--it all started with Vaseline, which my Mother would slather us with as children. We still joke about it as her cure-all. I took went on to Carmex but now am a die-hard Burt's Bees fan.