Friday, June 12, 2009

Kitty Sidekicks

Some of you may remember me talking about my kitty sidekick, B. He has a gorgeous black coat (like a panther!) that is literally the softest I have ever felt. D and I say that B is part rabbit because he is soooo incredibly soft. I'm sure the softness isn't hurt by the fact that he is an inside cat, too (he gets supervised visits to the back garden, but never just allowed to roam on his innocent little own). B is wonderful, but quite aloof except for a few precious moments at night right before we turn out the light and occasionally a quick snuggle in the early morning. Other than that, he wants to be close, but not too close.

Now we have a new addition! P is a fab, fab, fab black, gray, and brown tabby- with the MOST amazing leopard spots meets tiger stripe markings! P was a pet of the day from our local county animal shelter. I happened across his beautiful portrait and was immediately obsessed. D asked if I wanted him for my birthday! The next day we were off to the shelter to adopt our new BFF. He is 2 1/2 years old and (unfortunately) de-clawed. Luckily for P, he is an inside-only cat too! Poor little guy was found roaming the streets in a very dodgy end of town!

Both B and P are 16 pounds each! They are BIG boys! They have a love/hate relationship with each other, but OH- P is the biggest lover to us ever! He LOVES to snuggle and be petted and that was exactly my heart's desire!

We couldn't be happier with our jungle-babies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have been busy the last few weeks, sister! I LOVE the blog.....very fun. See you soon.

XOXO--Aramee =)