Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A funny thing happened on the way to the salon...

I haven't posted in, oh, 6 months or so... and my last several posts focused on my quest for Texas Bombshell Hair. Well, now I've gone and chopped it all off! I am now sporting a sassy, voluminous bombshell 'do a la (what I like to call) "The Modern Elizabeth Taylor". ;) Chin length, choppy bob, with swoopy bangs. I'm letting my natural curl run wild. I think this will be a great cut for the long hot summer, perhaps beyond...

This is the pic (of funny bombshell Rachel McAdams) that I showed my new stylist- the fabulous Miss Farrah!
To style my hair similar to this photo- I wash and condition at night and go to bed with damp hair. In the morning I have CRAZY bedhead- it's quite fun actually. I comb it to loosen the curls a bit and then wet just my bangs. I blow them dry, straightish, but not too straight. (I'm NOT a fan of curly hair with stick straight bangs- looks too contrived) Then I work in a dollop of Phyto 7 hair cream- all through my hair- to define the curls. Lastly, I use a few dabs of Bed Head Manipulator and smooth my bangs and then scrunch all through out. The Manipulator smells GOOD! This whole process takes 10 minutes or so. Perfect so I can focus my precious few morning minutes sooting up my lashes and petting my kitties!

No comments: