Saturday, October 6, 2007

I've Got Good News & Bad News, part I



I guess I'll start with the bad news first.

Last night on my trip to the new Sephora, I picked up a fat tube of Sephora Collection Lash Plumper mascara. It has a HUGE brush on the wand, which was what drew me to it immediately. It is similar in size to the DoirShow and Benefit Bad Gal brushes.

This is Sephora's own description:

"Lash Plumper- What it is:A volumizing mascara. What it does:Fatten your flutter with this lash-plumping formula. The larger brush, with slightly tapered edges, reaches from root to tip, for truly bat-worthy volume and glamour. "

I put on many coats. It didn't really 'fatten' to my liking. I was forced to augment with the no-fail L'Oreal Voluminous.

What I DID like was the truly black ink-y-ness of the Sephora mascara. My lashes are dark anyway, but now they are soot-like (in a good way).

I am off to do some Bombshell buffing at le gym, so I will test out the staying power and report...
Final Verdict: I will add the Sephora mascara to my ever-growing family of mascaras, but it won't be a go-to on its own. It will have to be relegated as an 'ingredient' in a multi-mascara cocktail.

No comments: