Sunday, October 7, 2007

Bombshell-In-Training

I spent a fabulous Saturday afternoon visiting Sephora and Bath & Body Works with my BSS (Bomb Squad Sidekick), S. and her super-fun little girl, J.

We spent over an hour sampling glittery stuff and perfumes. Little J and I have very similar taste in fragrance. We both are drawn to the sweet, food-y scents. J. couldn't get enough of the Britney Spears In Control Curious in the classic black atomizer with pink sprintzer thingy. I have to admit- it smelled awesomely chocolately, sweet, and was not over-powering. It would look perfectly at home on any mirrored vanity.

I smelled something new, Lawrence Dumont Vanilla Orientale. Oh it was so light and yummy with spicy undertones. I was going to purchase, but after wandering the store for an hour I re-smelled my wrist to find that the dry down was pure vanilla. Not even a hint of the "orientale" left. So disapointing. It still smelled good, but I have a Bath & Body Works vanilla perfume that smells just as good...

J. decided on a Sephora Girls coin purse/compact. It's pink with a cute little kitty cat and unzips to reveal a small collection of perfect eyeshadows and lip glosses for Bombshell-ettes.
S. finally chose a Tarte Blushing Bride blush gel stick. The color is so pretty and I can't wait to see her rosey cheeks next time we get together.

I made a small purchase that I'll report on later...

No comments: