Sunday, September 9, 2007

My Name is The Bombshell Biker, & I'm a Mascara-holic








Ok- I now use three, yes, three mascaras at once. I am constantly on the hunt for hugely volumizing mascara that won't break the bombshell bank (but I would be willing to pay top dollar for something perfect)

I have come up with a cocktail that is working wonderfully (if only a little flaky). The problem I have found with all volumizing masacaras is the flake factor. It seems that if the formula is specifically for volume the flakes just come with the territory. I thought I had found volume nirvana in Diorshow (and the faint rose scent was an added bonus). Diorshow is fabulously volumific- but it flakes as bad as the drugstore brands- so I decided not to spend $25 a tube...

So- onto the recipe:
1. begin with a few swipes of Rimmel Lash Maxxx. The tiny (hot pink!) comb brush separates and somehow plumps. On its own it would probably take about 45 coats and 45 minutes to get the result I want, but included in the 'recipe' it's necessary and great.
2. next step is a new take on my previous HG mascara- L'Oreal Original Voluminous- but with the curved brush (the curved brush makes it quicker to cover all the lashes in a few swipes) . Dip in the tube and don't wipe any of the glorious excess off. A few goopy swipes...

3. thirdly, Revlon 3D Extreme, it's new and the wand is tiny compared to how it is represented in the picture, but again, as a component to this recipe, it works! The odd little brush does a great job of plumping (if this weren't majorly flaky on its own I'd wear it alone). Using the brush, I start at the base of the lashes and wiggle it up through the thick clumps I've purposely created. It separates somewhat and thickens EVEN more...

4. fourth and most important step- back to the Rimmel Lash Maxxxxxx. Use the tiny comb-brush to separate the clumps and 'sculpt' the lashes to wing out a bit on the sides.

5. this is actually the most important part- using a moistened cotton swab- clean up all around the lid where I've made a huge black mess!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!