Sunday, December 14, 2008

On the Juice


I had resisted, but this love affair was meant to be. I went to a Juicy Couture outlet in Las Vegas to check out a hand bag. I fell in love with it. I bought it. I carry it daily. I get lots of compliments on it's cuteness. It is the perfect size, it's black leather so it goes with nearly everything, and it has a gold chain across the front that has lock and key charms that are soooo precious.

Then I started falling in love with other Juicy things- NEVER the velour sweats with words across the bum, but other things- all their jewelry, their real clothes- like coats, dresses, blouses, sweaters. I went into the Juicy boutique in Santa Barbara. They had the most adorable displays of candy inside giant crystal urns. The sales staff was lovely. I was unequivocally smitten.

I recently went to the boutique in Pasadena. I bought two necklaces, one for me and one for my sister for Christmas. I have started wearing the necklace, which is a heavy-ish metal chain with a heart charm with a big toggle closure in the front, with my very special, delicate platinum necklace with a diamond pendant (I got from DH for Christmas last year) entertwined. I love the precious/rocker (bombshell/biker) combo.

And now-- ooooh-- I got an early Christmas present from DH yesterday-- a Juicy watch. It is a classic style but with fun, girly details and I just LOVE it.

I love the crowns and the doggies and the frivolity of the designs. And I justify my addiction by telling reminding myself that it is MUCH less expensive than Marc Jacobs!

No comments: