Monday, December 29, 2008

My Quest for Glossiness AND Volume! Part 2- Shampoo & Conditioner


My former HG conditioner was Terax Crema, but they stopped carrying it at Sephora and it is hard to come by in my neck of the woods. Recently I decided to just buy it online, only to learn that along with the redesign of the bottles, they changed the scent! The scent was one of the main reasons I loved it! I took the plung and boo! The new scent is 'eh'. But it still works as good, I just don't get that moment of pure joy when I rub it in my palms and take a big whiff before applying it to the length of my locks. So, I will try something new when I use up this big ole tube. It will probably take me several months to use it up.

I recently tried the Fekkai Glossing line and thought it was nice. It smells yummy- a little citrus-y. The shampoo/conditioner combo made my hair sooooo soft. Almost too soft, if that is possible. It is rather expensive and I just wasn't 'in love' with it... so it does not make the HG cut. bummer.

I used to use the Redken All Soft line, which smells amazing and has avodaco oil. But, my hair has gotten much finer and less 'unruly' as I've gotten a bit older, so now the All Soft is too heavy.

I think I may try Pantene. It gets such rave reviews all over the place and it is soooo cheap!

The quest continues...

1 comment:

Bettie OffDead said...

It's funny that you should mention Pantene, I recently started using their line called beautiful lenghts. I have been in search of the holy grail of shampoo and conditioner for my entire life, running the gambit of high end to drug store brands. I haven't decided if this is "the one" yet but its holding its own. I have lower back length hair, colored and normal on the oily to dry scale. This product doesn't weight it down and yet keeps it soft and smooth (well after product it does) It has a cheep price tag and has the bonus of part of the proceeds going to making wigs for those in need. As a whole I give it an 8 and a half. xxoobettie