Saturday, December 13, 2008

Holiday Eyes- and Oh Yeah- I'm back...




Dang- it has been a year and 5 days since I last blogged! Sheesh, where has the time gone? Okay, enough about that and onto the fun stuff:

Holiday Eyes!
I am generally a minimalist when it comes to eye makeup (except mascara- you know my motto-stolen/borrowed from my beloved Tammy Faye- "Glob it on, Girls!"). Because I have dark eyes and dark lashes and fair skin, my eyes stand out enough on their own and I tend to forget that I have shadow on and rub them... so I generally skip it. But occasionally I like to play and I do have plenty of makeup in my train case to play with for hours, ok days... Especially around the Holidays- it's fun to play with sparkly eyes!

Today I had "Lazy Days" as DH and I call it when we just laze around on a Saturday or Sunday and watch TV, nap, snack, and never leave the house until time for dinner and drinks. I had Lazy Days alone as D had plans, so I watched multiple episodes of Forensic Files, napped for hours, surfed the internet, etc. Then I got some energy around 3 o'clock and showered, shampoo'd my freshly colored hair with my new fave- the Fekkai Glossing line (another blog on that to come), and decided to glam it up for my evening- even if I don't leave (it's 6pm as I type this and we have yet to decide on anything we may do tonight, I am sipping a delicious cocktail I just made up- 1 part Malibu Coconut Rum, 3 parts club soda, crushed ice, and one lemon slice in a highball glass- mmmmm- so whateve- I'm good either way...).

I started with my usual makeup routine:
Shiseido stick foundation applied with a Stila foundation brush, Tarte Tickled gel blush on apples, Sephora Blush Me Twice (just the pink side) over top, lashes curled with THE ONLY lash curler you should invest in (Shu Uemera), some smokey brown cream liner (Clinique) applied along lash line, and finally about 400 coats of L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara- Black Noir. (oh yeah, I also patted on Benefit Lemon Aid before all of this, which is not part of my norm, but I knew I would be playing with shadows so I applied. For me, a primer of some sort is a necessity because even though I have relatively dry skin, I have oily lids...)

Now the 'glam' part:
My sister-in-law who is also my sister-in-makeup-obsession, C, got me a super-fun Urban Decay eye shadow pallette for Christmas last year. It has about 15-20 sparkly, uber-pigmented shadows housed inside of a cool black mirrored pallet, with purple tattoo-y swirls coming out of a gun barrel on the front.
So- I took a slanted Sonia Kashuk eyeliner brush and dabbed it with water and then dipped it into the sparkly black shadow in the pallet called Oil Slick. I applied this like liner- directly on top of the cream liner I previously applied. Then I added a bit 'o Mildew, a pretty, sparkly army green shadow, in the center of the liner and feathered it out on either side. I applied Sin, a peachy shade to my lid, and then a dot of Polyester Bride, a sparkly white-ish shade to the brow. I finished with a grooming of the brows with the sephora brow wax/powder compact and voila- Holiday Eyes!

No comments: