Thursday, September 13, 2007

Hey Dollface!


I have 'hit pan' as they say in the realm of beauty addiction. I actually got to the bottom of a compact of MAC cream foundation and used a brush to scrape every last bit of it out.

That was 2 days ago. Foundation was desired, but travelling to the mall and shelling out $30 was not. Plus, I'm on a self-proclaimed 'no buy'(except mascara) until I use up all the -admittedly ridiculous amounts of- cosmetics I have in my train case!

So yesterday I went the no foundation route. This is not entirely unusual for me, but I generally wear it on workdays. Instead I used some of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer that I had thrown aside after using for a few weeks. It is a nicely textured gel skin primer that you smooth on before applying foundation or you can wear it alone to mattify your skin. I detest the matte look on myself, but I wanted smoother looking skin so decided to try it. Basically it backfired. My skin wasn't smoother in appearance- just slightly splotchy and dull. Not recommended on its own if you need any coverage, but it does smooth your skin and makes your foundation glide on...

Today I decided to try something else. Before applying anything but sunscreen I dabbed Stila Lillium Convertible Color (see my post entitled "How Cheeky" for a review) onto my cheeks. Next I took out my little pot of Lorac "Coverup"concealer that I rarely use because I can't be bothered with concealer AND foundation. I used my Stila foundation brush # 27 to dab it on the trouble spots- around my eyes and nose and this little red spot that I have on my cheek- and blended. I then dotted on Estee Lauder AeroMatte Ultralucent Pressed Powder- Transparent (how chic- just to say it!) to set the concealer and blush.

Can I just say that I may not need a full foundation again! This cocktail of concealer and powder provided the evenness I desire but with more staying powder than the MAC foundation. I felt smooth all day, when usually I'm requiring a mid-afternoon touch up.


voila

No comments: