Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Save the Bubbles!

I LOVE CHAMPAGNE!! It's no secret. But often I want to enjoy a nice little sip of champagne without polishing off an entire bottle. Afterall, a bombshell doesn't need an excuse to drink it. Just relaxing on my couch with Mr. Bombshell after a long, productive day, is reason to celebrate. However, Mr. Bombshell, and our kitty sidekick, B., don't drink it, so unless I'm ready to seriously indulge, I need a way to capture the bubbles.

Enter Mr. Bob Sholes from Arroyo Robles Winery in Paso Robles, CA. I recently visited his fabulous shop for wine tasting and, of course, shopping. During the very generous tasting, we sampled two wonderful sparkling wines, a classic California Champagne, and an amazing almond flavored variety. I noticed these fabulous little silver toppers that allowed the sparkling wines to remain, well, sparkling, even after they were open for a bit. And guess what? Mr. Sholes genius-ly sells them in his shop! I found something similar online, Superseal Champagne Stopper. "A metal stopper provides a pressure tight seal to hold in the fizz."

Hurray! Now I can have as much or as little of my beloved bubbly as I like.

No comments: