Thursday, February 1, 2007

Making the right Choice




Paula's Choice is a line of skin care and cosmetics by Paula Begoun, the self proclaimed "Cosmetics Cop". I first became familiar with Paula when my dear late friend Adrienne A. introduced me to Paula's book- Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me. Paula has personally tested thousands upon thousands of cosmetics and written concise, informative, and useful reviews of all of them.

She then created her own line of products that do the job without skin irritants and without breaking the bank.

I have been using a couple of her products for a few weeks now and was so impressed that I recently placed another order on her website. I plan to continue replacing my existing products as I run out with her fabulousness!

Product # 1- Final Touch Toner for normal to dry skin. As I've mentioned before- I don't generally use toner daily, but this sometime usage is a thing of the past. Since this is formulated for dryer skin types it feels great and NEVER makes my face feel tight after use. I just feel like I've prepped my skin for the next step. I use it TWICE a day now- morning and night!

Product #2- Remarkable Skin Lightening Lotion for all skin types. This contains 2% hydroquinone- the highest legal percentage. I've not been using this long enough to see any actual 'lightening' effects- I have a few hyper-pigmented spots around my eyes- but it's also filled with anti-oxidants and other 'good-for-your-skin' stuff so my face looks more 'glow-y' (what I'm always after) and feels really soft.

You are also able to purchase sample sizes of most of the products for 50-80 cents each. With my first order I got the 8% alpha hydroxy acid solution, essential moisturizing sunscreen spf 15, one step cleanser, essential moisturizer, and some other stuff. I fell in love with it all- so I placed another order for the full sizes of the AHA and the sunscreen. Reviews to come...

No comments: