Saturday, November 25, 2006

Bombshell Ball Game!



This afternoon I'm going to a football game. My beloved local junior college is playing in the second round of the championships!

Being a Bombshell Fan is probably one of the easiest looks to pull off. Basically, one must stay warm, wear appropriate footwear for navigating steep stadium steps, and protect one's skin from the sun and wind.

Fortuitously, my team's colors are red and white. This means I can wear my red wool coat with the faux leopard fur collar and cuffs! (I will also have my giant red foam "We're #1" finger proudly displayed- but that's not very "Bombshell-ey" so I won't discuss it further, although having 'team spirit' and being enthusiastic are very Bombshell)

Lately my sunscreen of choice is Cetaphil daily moisturizer spf 15 for everyday use. If I'm going to be out in the sun all day then I definitely use something stronger. But the Cetaphil will work fine for today- the game doesn't start until 4pm which means it will be dark an hour into the game.

If you are attending a sporting event of any kind, this basic Bombshell look will work:

  • Dark jeans (bootcut jeans with boots (duh)/heels/wedges-I recommend wedges for the comfort factor at these types of events or cuffed jeans with sneakers/ballet flats)

  • Cotton or Cashmere sweater layered over a close fitting t-shirt or blouse

  • Glamorous coat, preferably in a color that coordinates with your team, but not necessary, and definitely NO team logo jackets (unless your boyfriend gives you his letterman jacket ;) and a team jersey is another topic all together that I will discuss at a later date.

  • scarf and gloves (and a hat if you live in a really cold climate)

  • wool blanket for sitting on or wrapping up in...

  • Sunscreen

  • neutral makeup, but red lipstick would definitely be appropriate if desired!

Go Team!

1 comment:

eviedee said...

I wear cuffed jeans because I am lazy and short. Are you saying that they are also fashionable? Hooray!